Seattle Academy is strengthened by the financial stability provided by endowed funds. Endowed funds are invested for the long-term and provide current and future revenue that lasts in perpetuity. Each year the Board of Trustees approves an annual distribution amount. The distributed funds are made available to support designated programs including Financial Aid, Outdoor and Travel Programs, Learning Support and Speech and Debate while the principle of the endowment remains invested and produces future revenue.
Our entire community benefits from the eight endowment funds that support our students and programs. Last year, 23% of Seattle Academy students received financial aid support which strengthens the entire student community and ensures that Seattle Academy is able to enroll talented, motivated young people every year.
Each endowment listed helps ensure the continued strength and longevity of essential SAAS programs.
The Seattle Academy endowed funds are:
- The Bianco Family Learning Support Financial Aid Endowment (Financial Aid for tuition and Learning Support fees)
- The Dunnam Family Endowment (for need-based Financial Aid)
- Financial Aid Endowment
- General Endowment (for need-based Financial Aid)
- The Jeremy Houk Scholarship Fund (for Speech and Debate)
- The Voyageurs Fund (for Outdoor & Travel Program)
- The Wilson Learning Support Endowment
- The Wanda Elder Learning Support Scholarship Endowment (Financial Aid for tuition and Learning Support fees)
Endowed funds as of July 1, 2014.
Donors may establish a named endowment fund with a minimum gift commitment of $50,000.
For more information about Endowments, please contact Erin Culbertson, Director of Institutional Giving at email@example.com.